51

51

Tuesday

Songs From The Last Century

Makes them sound old doesn't it?

But that would be the point of The Guardian's 'Old Music' feature.  

Obviously it doesn't need to be re-blogged by me (if that is indeed what I am doing?), but I cannot resist mentioning today's entry:

Johnny Thunders 'You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory' is just a timeless classic.  

Finding it by chance on my regular lunch hour footie gossip surf reminded me that this one song justified the whole of Thunders, notoriously uneven, career.  And it was a more interesting read than why Andy Carroll's a bit of a numpty.

Read it here 

It's also one of several excellent articles in the series, not all of which I agree with, but you could do worse than spend your lunch hour reading about gems from Killing Joke, Ramones, Magazine and Teenage Fanclub.

No comments: